Friday, March 7, 2008

Panaderia






Over the last 4 weeks, about 10 women from my community have been going to the office of a local NGO to learn how to make bread. I went with them a couple of times, and it was a blast. They are very excited about making it. Even more than that, they were excited about how well it sold when they brought it back to the community. The most recent time, last Tuesday, we actually made a profit on what they made in their classes. Obviously you would expect this, but each previous time some of the batches didn't come out right so they couldn't be sold. Now that the classes are over, these women are going go to the NGO office every Tuesday to practice and bring back what they make to sell in the community.

Oh, and I had my doctor's appointment today; I have a brain and he says it's in working order.

5 comments:

Mark said...

Sound like a great project, kid. Keep it up.

As for the brain thing, I think I'd ask for a second opinion. I've known you almost 24 years and never seen any evidence to suggest that the doctor's diagnosis is correct.

kathy melamed said...

love the pictures and the words. what a great project. Love, Mom

kathy melamed said...

ATest

Mr. Swick said...

yo mike. what's good? hope all is well. i was wondering if the adoring public could get a post about your spanish acquisition. are you fluent yet? any major breakthroughs? are there any unique salvadoran sayings or slang words that you've picked up? maybe i'm just wondering if my concrete tongue would ever be able to speak spanish near fluently if i lived in a spanish-speaking country.

Mr. Swick said...

happy birthday! or maybe feliz cumpleanos may be more apropos? either way, have a great day.