Friday, April 4, 2008

Nathalia's Visit

I’m going to keep this post relatively short because Nathalia will be making her own post about her visit, and I also just posted a way too long post below.

As most of you know, Nathalia came out to visit me from the 21st-29th. It being holy week when she got here, I paid a guy in my community gas money to take me in his car to pick her up. On the way out there, I got to hear all about his courtship of his now wife, which was limited to 2 hours a week of supervised visits for the first few months. (Know that this is not normal. This man is a very religious Evangelical Christian. Very nice man, but also very, very religious.) I started getting very nervous about how to greet Nathalia. I decided on a firm handshake, but she blew it by hugging me and kissing me.

I’ll let her tell what we did during her visit. What she probably won’t say, due to modesty, is that my town absolutely loved her. Maybe more so than me. It was a blast having her here, and people are already asking me when she is coming back again, and why she doesn’t just move here. Yesterday, I had a lady in my community tell me she was upset with me because I didn’t introduce her to Nathalia. She then gave me a bag of mangos. I wonder what I would have gotten if I had introduced her.




3 comments:

Nathalia said...

I didn't approve this picture, but would that have stopped Mike anyway? Well, he's right, it was a blast to visit and meet the community, and I promise I did more than laze around. Watch out for my very own blog post, coming soon.

Mark said...

Was your hired driver duly horrified by the public display of affection?

And to think, during Holy Week, no less!

Eddie said...

Blasphemous!