Saturday, July 28, 2007

Moving Day

I'm moving. My host family has been planning on moving at the end of August, but that would have no effect on me since I would be leaving for my site mid-August. Well, I went on an overnight Wednesday (I was literally gone for 26 hours) and when I returned half the house was packed up. Apparaently, we are moving on Monday to Entrevista, a small community about 10 minutes away by bus. It's not that big of a deal, but a little stressful and frustrating as I have to pack up all my stuff and I have really started to enjoy Tepetitan (my current community.) Oh well.

This past Tuesday I found out where I will be spending my next 2 years. Starting August 16th, I will be living in Cantón Las Trancas, Ozatlan, Usulutan. Cantón Las Trancas is my community, Ozatlan is the municipality, and Usulutan is the department. It's in the southeast part of the country, and looks to be about a 30 minute bus ride (depending on bus routes and roads) from the ocean. The community has had 3 volunteers in the past (all Rural Health and Sanitation volunteers) but at least they know about Peace Corps. Also, from what I've heard, they are very active and pretty organized. Monday-Thursday I will be visiting my site and meeting my counterparts (the director of the school, and the local health promotor.) I will most definitely write an entry Friday or next weekend with my thoughts on my new home. Adios

No comments: